Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: pay and benefits
Federal benefits expert Tammy Flanagan joins host Mike Causey with details on the Voluntary Contribution Program. They'll discuss how it works, who can join it, and how it would work with a Roth option.
December 15, 2010 (Encore Presentation)
The Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act has passed the Senate, but the debate lives on. We get opinions from the National Whistleblowers Center, a member of Congress, and good-government group the Partnership for Public Service.
Has the proposed social security tax cut triggered a civil war in your office? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says in some locations there is a major rift between younger workers under the FERS system who would get the break and their older CSRS colleagues who won't get it.
The National Security Agency plans to hire 1000 cybersecurity professionals in the next year. NSA's Associate Director for Human Resources, Kathy Hutson, told us how they plan to do that.
With the emphasis on "should." Without Senate passage of federal funding, the current continuing resolution expires Saturday night. The President's proposed pay freeze is part of the funding package passed by the House last week and is now in the hands of the Senate.
While Congress wrestles over tax law changes, registered employee benefit consultant Ed Zurndorfer suggests some ways to get in on deductions while the getting's still good.
It is a small agency but its impact is great. This week, host Derrick T. Dortch talks with the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation.
December 10, 2010 (This is an encore presentation.)
How would you like a pay freeze and a two percent raise at the same time. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says that's what may happen to a large chunk of the federal workforce.
AFGE Public Policy Director
President, AFGE Voice of America Local 1812
AFGE 11th District National Vice President
AFGE 10th District Women's Coordinator