Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: pay and benefits
If you are working today, thanks for being there. We are too. And we like the company. Especially yours. If you are off, that's even better. Get some rest or go spend some money somewhere. We'll resume the (mostly) bad news tomorrow but for today kick back, relax and check out Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's column.
WFED's Mike Causey responds to the introduction of a bill that mandates two weeks of furlough for federal employees.
What's up, what's down and where should our money be? We ask CFP Arthur Stein.
What comes next for the federal government's internship programs? Colleen Kelley, president of the National Treasury Employees Union, discusses the end of FCIP and the new Pathways Program.
Thanks to congressional interest in federal retirement benefits, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says membership in the Die At Your Desk Club may soar. So what's the deal and what are the proposed changes?
President, AFGE National Council of SSA Field Operations Locals
Member, AFGE VA Local 2798
Vice President of Education and Outreach, Partnership for Public Service
The agency plans on hiring 500 more federal employees in 2011. Officials said they could save $40 million by reducing the number of vendor employees. CBP also is hiring more lower-level employees to help keep the pipeline of skills flowing.
The agency needs to lower IT contract costs to use money for staff and other mission-critical needs. Customs and Border Protection must deal with a several hundred million dollar technology budget cut while needing to update its infrastructure.
So how do you sell something to Congress and the public? You must make sure that the numbers you present look good...even if they don't make sense. Thanks to a sharp-eyed reader, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey is now in possession of the magic numbers formula and if you read today's column you can save yourself $124.6 billion.
Rep. Gerry Connolly's bill claims to increase transparency in life insurance payments.