Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: pay and benefits
In 2009 federal and postal workers, and retirees, had their best year, ever, with Congress and the White House, but 2011 is shaping up to be Titanic collides with Lindsay Lohan time for federal workers. Senior correspondent Mike Causey says to buckle up
If you work in Lansing, Albany, Albuquerque, Charlotte, Harrisburg or Portland, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey has some good news for you... and some bad news.
It's a New Year and a new strategy on debt management. CPA Freddie Cook joins hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan to give advice about how to get your finances in order.
January 3, 2011
Whether you are working today or taking a brief early-winter break, get ready for 2011. It promises to be an "interesting" year. For reasons as to why you should fasten your seat belt, check out Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's column today.
Will the proposed federal pay freeze hamper the hunt for the best and brightest and clog the promotion pipeline in your office. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says it could very well happen.
If you have or plan to have an IRA or a Roth IRA, check out Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's column today before you make any moves. His expert guest says their are tax traps you need to know about.
Tags: Mike Causey
After you retire what next? You can't paint the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel (it's been done anyhow) but you need to have a plan. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey put the question to a retirement expert who has all the right answers.
The agency is using service level agreements to help ensure hiring managers are involved in all parts of the process. VA cut the amount of time it takes to hire a new employee by 20 days. VA hopes to get the average time down below the governmentwide goal of 80 days in 2011.
President Obama has signed an executive order that replaces the controversial Federal Career Intern Program with three consolidated 'pathways.' Administration officials say the old hiring system put agencies at a competitive disadvantage with private sector employers.
Tags: management , hiring , Federal Career Intern Program , Merit Systems Protection Board , OMB , Jared Serbu , National Treasury Employees Union , American Federation of Government Employees , Colleen Kelly , John Gage
It's been more than 10 years since experts started issuing their annual warnings of a government brain drain. The fact that it hasn't happened yet is of little important because this time, we are assured, it's for sure. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey reads the tea leaves.