Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: pay and benefits
The National Security Agency plans to hire 1000 cybersecurity professionals in the next year. NSA's Associate Director for Human Resources, Kathy Hutson, told us how they plan to do that.
With the emphasis on "should." Without Senate passage of federal funding, the current continuing resolution expires Saturday night. The President's proposed pay freeze is part of the funding package passed by the House last week and is now in the hands of the Senate.
While Congress wrestles over tax law changes, registered employee benefit consultant Ed Zurndorfer suggests some ways to get in on deductions while the getting's still good.
It is a small agency but its impact is great. This week, host Derrick T. Dortch talks with the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation.
December 10, 2010 (This is an encore presentation.)
How would you like a pay freeze and a two percent raise at the same time. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says that's what may happen to a large chunk of the federal workforce.
AFGE Public Policy Director
President, AFGE Voice of America Local 1812
AFGE 11th District National Vice President
AFGE 10th District Women's Coordinator
The House measure wraps all the unfinished annual spending bills into a single catchall measure while freezing spending at last year's levels. One of the biggest surprises in the act is the inclusion of a two year pay freeze as proposed by President Obama.
Comeback America Initiative's David Walker discusses the proposals by the president's deficit reduction commission.