Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: pay and benefits
Administrator said it will help employee morale and will not negatively impact security. Lawmakers wanted assurances that if employees would go on strike, Pistole would fire them.
Tags: management , John Pistole , Mike Rogers , Mo Brooks , Bennie Thompson , Danny Davis , TSA , House Homeland Security Committee , FRLA , collective bargaining , Best Places to Work survey , Jason Miller
Were you ever an unwilling passenger in a high-speed, high-stakes game of chicken? Well, if you work for Uncle Sam, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says you are on board for what could be the ride of your life. Or job.
SBA Administrator Karen Mills sent an email to staff to respond to the Federal News Radio reports about allegations of whistleblower retaliation at the agency.
President, AFGE TSA Local 777
President, AFGE TSA Local 556
\ Don Hale
AFGE DEFCON Chair
AFGE DEFCON Vice Chair
President, AFGE Immigration and Customs Enforcement Council 118
Executive Vice President, AFGE Immigration and Customs Enforcement Council 118
Secretary-Treasurer, AFGE Immigration and Customs Enforcement Council 118
"A federal employee authorized to take, direct others to take, recommend or approve any personnel action may not take, fail to take, or threaten to take any personnel action against an employee because of protected whistleblowing." Attorney Debra Roth explains this for us.
A new VA support line and website for caregivers of veterans launches, marking the beginning of benefits approved under the Caregivers and Veterans Omnibus Health Services Act.
In part 3 of Federal News Radio's exclusive investigative series "Discouraged and Disrespected at SBA," Karla Saunders weighs her options to find resolution in her three-year battle against alleged retaliation. Saunders and three other agency employees say they want to return to their original jobs and restore their reputations. SBA officials say the agency is focusing on strengthening management and oversight.
Tags: management , Karla Saunders , Diane Sellers , Stevie Gray , Ethel Matthews , Jonathan Swain , Karen Mills , Marie Johns , Kevin Mahoney , SBA , OSC , Vincent Melehy , Debra Roth , Shaw, Bransford and Roth , whistleblower retaliation , Discouraged and Disrespected at SBA , Jason Miller
On this week's show, host Mike Causey talks with the Federal Times about fast-changing federal issues including the continuing resolution, the FY 2012 budget and the pay freeze proposals on the Hill.
February 9, 2011
AFGE members marched on Capitol Hill to put a face on the federal workforce. They want to correct the misperception that government workers are to blame for the deficit and gridlock in Washington.
The government is proposing a 15 percent pay raise for employees...that's the good news...the bad news is that it is not the U.S. government that's come up with this plan. So what's going on? Mike Causey has a roadmap.