Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: pay and benefits
Executive Editor, OurFuture.org
Leaders from AFGE VA Local 1843:
This week's show focuses on the continuing possibility of a government shutdown. Guests include Steve Watkins and Sean Reilly from the Federal Times and AFGE's Witold Skwierczynski.
March 2, 2011
Military officials detail the impact of a full-year continuing resolution on DoD. Defense Deputy Secretary Lynn said the department would meet payroll and medical bills, but have to cut acquisition and training programs.
If there is a government shutdown some federal workers have a plan to punish the politicians who caused it. Unfortunately some of their tactics are the equivalent of shooting themselves in the foot. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey explains.
Tom Trabucco, director of external relations for the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, which RUNS your Thrift Savings Plan, explains what's driving growth in all TSP funds.
Did you hear about the 3-year federal pay freeze? Lots of people got the word Saturday and, considering the source was the President, it made them a tad nervous. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says not to worry... much.
Dr. Andrea Morris, BRAC Project Coordinator for Arlington County, Va. joins host Derrick Dortch to discuss the latest on how the Base Realignment and Closure process is affecting Arlington County, Va.
February 25, 2011(Encore presentation May 13, 2011)
AFGE plans to protest on Wednesday the possible spending cuts to the Social Security Administration in more than 20 states. SSA Commission Astrue tried to alleviate spending concerns with an e-mail to employees. Meanwhile, SSA and AFGE are negotiating a new contract.
Lester Austin, senior public affairs specialist for the Social Security Administration, joins the show to discuss retirement, social security benefits, and Medicare.
February 28, 2011
The director of OPM during the Shutdown of '95 sees some similarities and some differences from this year's situation. Jim King explains.