Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: pay and benefits
Hosts Bob Leins and John Elliott are joined by Federal News Radio's own Mike Causey for a discussion on the latest federal issues affecting federal employees.
April 4, 2011
If you've planned for retirement and haven't given a second thought to long term care, you're missing a big chunk of what you may need for retirement. Paul Forte, CEO of Long Term Care Partners, explains why.
When it comes to predicting agency buyout plans, it is as simple as winning a bundle in Las Vegas or getting rich by buying low and selling high. And Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says, the winners are older feds who want out and younger people who want to keep their job, and maybe get a promotion too.
OPM Director John Berry is calling for agency executives to use their existing tools to get rid of poor performers. Berry tells House lawmakers that over the next year OPM will work with managers improve performance management. OPM also giving up on its retirement systems modernization program and putting its financial management system upgrade on hold.
Tags: management , OPM , John Berry , House Appropriations Subcommittee on Financial Ser , Jo Ann Emerson , Barbara Lee , Steve Womack , budget , best practices , FEHBP , hiring , employee dismissal , federal managers , John Buckner
The bill would protect both active duty and reserve members.
Ed Zurndorfer, Registered Employee Benefit Consultant, joins the Federal Drive with information on the Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program
Older federal workers, who often suffer from ED, are suddenly in demand among their younger colleagues eager to hear about how they survived the last time Congress and then Mother Nature shutdown the government, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey reports
The launch of phase two of the HR University moves the standardization and professionalization of federal human resources workers closer. The CHCO Council wants to expand the number of training courses and the specific types of classes for agencies. The HR University also provides a career path for federal HR workers.
OPM told a Senate subcommittee that recruitment, training and onboarding are among their top priorities to improve the Senior Executive Service. More than half of all SESers are eligible to retire by 2013. OPM's Nancy Kichak said SES pay compression is the biggest challenge in need of Congressional help.
Tags: management , Nancy Kichak , Daniel Akaka , OPM , White House , President's Management Council , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Carol Bonosaro , SEA , Senior Executive Service , compression pay , SES reforms , Jason Miller , President
The Senior Executives Association and the Partnership for Public Service testified before a subcommittee with improvement to SES and ways Congress can help.