Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: pay and benefits
A House subcommittee will hold a hearing next week to examine federal pay and propose solutions for government efficiency.
Strategies for living through a shutdown from Ed Zurndorfer, registered employee benefit consultant.
Federal workers who want politicians to suffer financially if the government is shutdown are missing a key point: lots of members of Congress are millionaires who don't know where the nearest COSTCO is or what K-Mart stands for. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey talks about the Capitol Hill millionaires club.
Federal News Radio surveyed 10 agencies to find out how they are preparing for a shutdown, and how operating under a continuing resolution is affecting their operations.
Postmaster General Pat Donahoe said he's ready to announce more RIFs and without legislative help USPS will face insolvency this year. Sen. Susan Collins introduced a bill to help solve some of the challenges the Postal Services faces.
Tags: management , Susan Collins , Stephen Lynch , Pat Donahoe , Darrell Issa , Dennis Ross , USPS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , FERS , CSRS , budget , Jason Miller
Does the current federal pay freeze run for two years or three? In a city of math-challenged politicians and journalists, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says that mistakes were made. Or not...
WFED's Mike Causey says if there is a shutdown, it will be very different from the partial government shutdowns in 1995 and 1996.
Executive Editor, OurFuture.org
Leaders from AFGE VA Local 1843:
This week's show focuses on the continuing possibility of a government shutdown. Guests include Steve Watkins and Sean Reilly from the Federal Times and AFGE's Witold Skwierczynski.
March 2, 2011
Military officials detail the impact of a full-year continuing resolution on DoD. Defense Deputy Secretary Lynn said the department would meet payroll and medical bills, but have to cut acquisition and training programs.