Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: pay and benefits
NITP Senior Benefits Director Tammy Flanagan will answer your retirement questions.
March 19, 2014
Tammy Flanagan and Mike Causey join Federal News Radio for an online chat to answer your most pressing pay and benefits issues. Read the archived discussion.
About that cyber "attack" on the Thrift Savings Plan, was it a case of phish or foul? Check out Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's column for more details.
Steve Condrey, chairman of the Federal Salary Council, tells In Depth with Francis Rose that the key to bringing in new talent -- and making sure they stay -- is modernizing the aging General Schedule system. Congress devised the GS system in 1949.
Marc Levine, of Handler and Levine LLC, offers advice on how to choose your trustees, powers of attorneys and executors.
March 17, 2014
A pop quiz coming to make sure your retirement's on track.
As lawmakers consider efforts to shore up the Postal Service's financial footing, there's still widespread disagreement over whether the current requirement for the agency prefunding requirement is fiscally responsible, as Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-Texas) argued during a House Oversight and Government Reform subcommittee hearing Thursday, or an "onerous mandate" only required of the Postal Service, as Rep. Stephen Lynch (D-Mass.) contended.
CBS MoneyWatch Columnist Allan Roth discusses what you can do to maximize your TSP investments, and Nicole Johnson from the Federal Times discusses OPM's plans to reform its IT systems.
March 12, 2014
New Thrift Savings Plan participants would be automatically enrolled in an age-appropriate Lifecycle Fund -- instead of the G Fund -- under a bill set to be debated Wednesday by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. The Smart Savings Act, introduced by the committee's chairman, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), is supported by the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board.
Here's a TSP tip for you: If it hurts when you invest, you must be doing something right. But be careful how you treat the pain, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. No pain, no gain may be more than just a slogan.