Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: pay and benefits
Federal News Radio Executive Editor Jason Miller and Federal Times Senior Writer Andy Medici will discuss OMB's budget guidance memo, and OPM Director Katherine Archuleta will give us an update on Public Service Recognition Week.
May 7, 2014
Looking for action, drama and excitement in your life? Forget about Congress this year because you'll get more information and action watching "The Real Housewives of Orange County" on TV, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Congress is debating the proposed $496 billion defense budget this week, and military pay is one of many sensitive issues within that bill.
There are certain policies and benefits that you hope never to collect. That includes getting back the premiums you pay for homeowners' fire insurance, long-term care health premiums and disability retirement benefits, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
When it comes to retirement benefits, not all federal workers pay the same, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey say. In fact, the giant Federal Employees Retirement System, or FERS, now has three tiers.
While the federal government is probably not a model employer, for a lot of reasons, it is a very good employer.
They say everybody has a price, so what's yours? How much money would you have to have, in the form of a buyout, to retire? Would $50,000 do it? Go a little higher, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Financial advisor Arthur Stein will answer your calls and emails about the TSP. Also, Andy Medici and Amber Corrin of the Federal Times will discuss, among other things, Public Service Recognition Week and the recently passed DATA Act.
April 30, 2014
Are you part of the Botox Generation? Are you thinking about leaving your federal job because you are sick of being unappreciated, attacked and even furloughed? Before you do anything, remember the immortal words of the late, great comedian, Henny Youngman, when he was asked, "How's your wife?" Check out Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's column for more.