Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: past performance
A proposed rule by the FAR Council would reduce the number of days contractors have to comment on a performance evaluation to 14 days from 30.
The Defense Department, General Services Administration and NASA issued a final rule today amending the Federal Acquisition Regulation. FAR must now include performance rating categories and different factors for past performance evaluations.
Agencies must meet annual goals between 2013 and 2015 to enter data into the Past Performance Information Retrieval System. Joe Jordan, the administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, said inputting and referring to vendor performance information can reduce risks for agencies.
New legislation aims to implement some recommendations of the Commission on Wartime Contracting. Includes provisions that would automatically suspend contractors accused of wrongdoing in overseas contingency scenarios.
Tags: DoD , Congress , Senate , Commission on Waretime Contracting , acquistion , industry , contingency contracting , State Department , USAID , Claire McCaskill , James Webb , suspension and debarment , Professional Services Council , Stan Soloway , Frank Kendall , Jared Serbu
New rule would create database that would bring in existing information and require contracting officers, vendors to submit new data as well. FAR Council wants specific business rules for the data.
Agencies making contract awards without fully understanding the contractor's past successes or failures. GAO makes six recommendations to improve and standardize the information.