Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: parking meters
Democratic Mayoral nominee Vince Gray says he wants to eliminate longer parking meter hours that were put in place earlier this year.
There are plans to add more than 1,000 of the special meters in North Bethesda in July.
"Most people have a cellular phone with them and once you've signed up it's very easy to pay for parking using your phone or even using a mobile app," says D.C. Department of Transportation spokesman John Lisle.
Parking rates are going up in Bethesda and Silver Spring by 10 cents per hour after the Montgomery County Council approved the increases Tuesday.
A new D.C. initiative offers a mobile alternative for drivers stuck at a parking meter without any quarters.
A test of some new high-tech parking meters around here went so well, they're being installed in new places.
Parking meter rates will go from $1 to $1.75 on Thursday.