Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: overtime
In order to counter funding reductions due to sequestration, Customs and Border Protection has begun sending furlough notices to many of its 60,000 employees. An officer in the union representing CBP agents says these measures amount to a 40 percent reduction in salaries.
One construction inspector made $32,090 in overtime in January and February.
Before you think about tacking on a few more hours of overtime this week, be forewarned. If you work 10 or 11 hours a day, you are more likely to suffer serious heart problems.
FederalNewsRadio finds 77 percent of respondents say they work more than eight hours in a day. Two-thirds of the federal employees who responded also say they work more than 80 hours in two weeks. Feds say the perception they don't work hard is unfair and rarely accurate.