Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: oversight
From Darleen Druyun to Jack Abramoff to wartime contracting, history shows the Public Buildings Service's lavish spending is small potatoes. Experts say the energy and time Congress has put into hearing on the GSA conference near Las Vegas could be better used to address bigger, most costly problems.
Tags: Shakeup at GSA , management , GSA , Paul Posner , GAO , George Mason University , Scott Amey , Project on Government Oversight , Tom Schatz , Citizens Against Government Waste , Congress , Jason Miller
The Accountability in Government Act would require agency leaders to sign off on any conference costing more than $200,000.
Oversight and Government Reform Committee subpoenas Jeff Neely, PBS region 9 commissioner, to appear. Along with Neely, PBS Deputy Commissioner David Foley and former Administrator Martha Johnson are on the witness list. The Transportation and Infrastructure Committee also is expected to hear from GSA Deputy Administrator Susan Brita, CFO Alison Doone and event planner Lisa Daniels.
Tags: management , GSA , Darrell Issa , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , Senate Environment and Public Works Commitee , Congress , House , Senate , Jeff Neely , David Foley , Martha Johnson , Bob Peck , Susan Brita , John Mica , Brian Miller , Shakeup at GSA , Jason Miller
In a letter to employees, Acting Administrator Dan Tangherlini and IG Brian Miller asked employees to be more vigilant to prevent waste, fraud and abuse. They said one of the most troubling aspects of the PBS conference incident was no one reported it or took action to stop it.
Acting General Services Administration chief Dan Tangherlini said the 'Hats Off' incentive program has been suspended. Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.), who has promised an investigation into agency spending, said she's not sure GSA's actions are enough to change the culture.
The chairman of the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee said he will hold a hearing when Congress returns from recess on the scathing IG report and other shortcoming at GSA's Public Building Service. Scott Amey of POGO said the management failures at GSA show a systemic problem.
Tags: management , GSA , Dan Tangherlini , John Mica , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , Scott Amey , Project on Government Oversight , waste, fraud and abuse , Jason Miller , Congress
Office of Personnel Management Director John Berry issued a directive today claiming his agency never approved thousands of dollars in questionable meals and entertainment expenses incurred by the Combined Federal Campaign. Earlier this month, OPM's Inspector General's Office reported that CFC had charged for box seats at a Washington Nationals event, chair massages and other expenses.
Angela Canterbury, director of Public Policy at the Project on Government Oversight, said the Obama administration's efforts at transparency and openness have garnered mixed results.
The Obama administration has released a set of proposals it hopes will improve the oversight of grant programs. Danny Werfel, controller at the Office of Management and Budget, told Federal News Radio why the changes are necessary.
The latest report on the 10-year effort to build a nationwide interoperable communications system shows law enforcement agents are still using 15-year-old radios. DoJ's Integrated Wireless Network program has been a victim of budget shortfalls and poor governance.