Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: oversight
The Justice Department and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement led a government-wide effort to stem the flow of counterfeit products. The White House launched a public-service campaign to let citizens know the impact of fake products on the economy. The Senate passed more stringent rules for DoD and its vendors to make sure military parts are original.
Tags: DHS , DoD , ICE , John Morton , White House , Victoria Espinel , Counterfeit products , National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center , Carl Levin , John McCain , Defense Authorization Bill , Jason Miller
Paul Singer, investigative editor at Roll Call, discusses the provisions of the Government Charge Card Abuse Prevention Act.
The Recovery Board and the National Academy of Public Administration want your ideas on how to prevent waste, fraud, and abuse of Recovery Act funds.
The President delegated reform appropriately, except that the person to whom he delegated the task doesn't yet exist.
Tags: Lurita Doan , OMB , Barack Obama , procurement reform , acquisition , SARA Panel , Federal Acquisition Institute , Defense Acquisition University , OFPP , Daniel Gordon , Peter Drucker , GSA , DoD , DHS
June 18, 2009
Survey finds few areas have improved since 2006
You knew the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act would be more work. But no one knew just how much work the stimulus bill would create for federal agencies and whether they would have the capacity to carry it out. That task fell to the Inspector General at the Commerce Department.