Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: oversight
You knew the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act would be more work. But no one knew just how much work the stimulus bill would create for federal agencies and whether they would have the capacity to carry it out. That task fell to the Inspector General at the Commerce Department.
The House Committee on Veterans Affairs held a hearing to address concerns about VA OCG workloads and backlogs despite budget increases.
Survey finds few areas have improved since 2006
Auditors find all 24 agencies it reviewed had weaknesses in security controls. GAO also found problems with training and oversight of contractor systems. It recommends OMB and DHS provide better performance metrics.
The GAO's reports evaluates the independence of inspector generals in government.