Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: outsourcing
OMB has a new test.
DoD addressing long-standing shortcomings, including hiring 20,000 acquisition workers over the next five years. Reforms of the 1990s big reason for procurement problems, deputy secretary says.
The White House has decided to begin funding private companies to carry NASA astronauts into space.
Technology has been changing as usual, the business has been demanding more and more from security professionals as expected, and we continue to outsource some of our responsibilities.
Taxpayer Advocate Nina Olson concludes that the IRS "is subject to three diverging forces - increased responsibility for non-core tax administration duties, increasing demand for taxpayer service (including telephone assistance) and declining resources to meet that demand, and collection policies that mask a laissez faire attitude toward taxpayer harm under the guise of ‘efficiency.'"
The administration wants to insource jobs that private firms have been performing and review of how agencies use contractors in view of long-term plans.
When costs have been discussed, the focus has been on the daily rate paid to contractor employees, rather than on the total costs of using State Department or DOD personnel. GAO changes that.