Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: operating status
Most of the power has been restored at Fort Belvoir, as of Tuesday morning. The base will operate under open status on Tuesday, with all employees expected to report to work on time.
Federal government offices will open to the public at 11:00 a.m., due to expected icy conditions Monday morning.
Tags: OPM ,
The Office of Personnel Management is finalizing changes to the federal snow policy. Director John Berry won't share details yet, but he said telework shows the resiliency of government during bad weather.
A new policy is promoting the use of unscheduled telework for employees with existing agreements when the Washington area faces weather or other emergency events. OPM also has redefined what it means when the government is closed due to natural or man-made incidents. The agency said the changes will help save employees' vacation time and ensure the government is meeting its mission.
The Office of Personnel Management provides a behind-the-scene look at how Director Berry plans to handle the winter ahead, introduces a new set of operating status notifications, and looks at the National Weather Service's long range forecast.