Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: open source
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee approved the Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA) with little debate and no amendments. Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), the bill's author and chairman of the committee, said the provisions to give CIOs more budget control and the IT project and program management improvements will have a big impact on how agencies spend money on technology.
Tags: technology , Darrell Issa , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , acquisition , industry , Mike Hettinger , Software and Information Industry Association , TechAmerica , IT reform , Project management , Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act , strategic sourcing , Jason Miller , exclusive
The developing field of using social media to gather information can provide benefits to the intelligence community, but it also involves challenges. The changing environment of open source intelligence requires agencies and companies plan their approaches carefully.
Tags: technology , Government Executive magazine , Invertix , Craig Parisot , Open Source Center , Fairmont State University , ODNI , David Abruzzino , Patrick O’Neil , Esther Carey , intelligence , social media , DNI
Listen to this program on demand below
Originally Aired December 12th @ 3:05pm
Brent Woodworth helped to create Sahana and tells us more.
Host John Gilroy discusses changes and emerging challenges for today's CIO with Peter Tseronis.
March 2, 2010
October 26th, 2009
President and COO
Sun Microsystems Federal, Inc.
May 26th, 2009
Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Information Management Technology and Deputy CIO explains clarifications.
Deputy CIO explains clarifications.