Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: open government
Learn more about obstacles to transparency
A website by Cornell University shows how federal rulemaking can become more transparent.
This week, host John Gilroy talks with Mark Story of the SEC
September 7, 2010
A National Security Archive survey finds agencies are falling short of the Obama administration's order to improve response time for Freedom of Information Act requests.
National Security Archive survey reveals agencies are not reporting accurate information about 10-year backlog to the Justice Department. NSA found agencies are falling well short of the Obama administration's mandate to improve Freedom of Information Act requests.
OMB Watch and 30 other open-gov groups are asking Congress to restore funding to the E-Government Fund.
OMB detailed its plans for using the $8 million E-Government Fund in a letter to Sen. Tom Carper. The administration will shut down two projects and reduce the functionalities of the others.
In open government, dumping information on a website is useless if the users cannot quickly understand what the information means for them.
OMB's Jeff Zients told Senate lawmakers that his office has held 250 meetings to discuss agency reorganization ideas. Zients also said the lack of funding for e-government programs will slow the advancement of transparency websites.