Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: open government
Sunlight Labs director Clay Johnson talks about the event.
Federal chief technology officer Aneesh Chopra says a 15-member working group is close to coming out with a report. It's been nearly six months since OMB ended the public comment period on whether to allow software to track users' habits.
GSA, U.S. Access Board trying to address the questions around accessibility and social media. Access Board is updating Section 508 standards. GSA is offering training and will blog about 508 in the coming months.
A new survey by TechAmerica and Grant Thornton shows federal chief information officers say cybersecurity remains their top priority. CIOs also say IT infrastructure, workforce and management also are high on the list.
Federal CTO Aneesh Chopra says agencies need people to lead this innovation. He also says new directive will help solidify the permanence of open government ideals.
NRC issued a solicitation for a variety of IT services that serves as a lynchpin to changing how it meets its mission. HHS sees open government and health care reform as the spark, while DHS continues to move toward the OneDHS concept.
Federal CTO Chopra points to HHS, DoD as examples of how departments are embracing the new concept. He says open government directive in final stages.
The Food and Drug Administration wants the public to comment on eight draft proposals aimed at making the agency's enforcement data more "accessible and user-friendly," according to a release.