Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: open government
Darrell West, vice president and director of Governance Studies at the Brookings Institution joins Federal News Radio as part of the special report, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years.
Agencies dedicated more money and personnel to FOIA processing in 2011, but requests grew even faster.
U.S. Chief Technology Officer Todd Park is naming 18 innovation fellows today to work on five "high-impact" federal IT projects.
President Barack Obama has signed a law delaying an expansion of the STOCK Act that would have published the financial records of thousands of top managers throughout the executive and legislative branches in an online, searchable database.
A law Congress passed in April to ban congressional members and federal workers from profiting on non-public information places unnecessary reporting burdens on senior executives and make them vulnerable to identity theft.
The American Small Business League says there's no legal basis for the department to deny its Freedom of Information Act request.
Sunlight Foundation Policy Counsel Daniel Schuman is leading the campaign to improve the Library of Congress website that reports congressional data.
Chris Vein, the deputy chief technology officer for government innovation at OSTP, gives an update on how agencies have done in the past few years in carrying out their open government and transparency plans.
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has given the Obama administration a C- for management under the Freedom of Information Act. Auditors based their grade on transparency work by 17 cabinet-level departments. Auditors evaluated how agencies track and make decisions about FOIA requests, but they did not examine whether agencies are meeting their legal responsibilities.
Lawmakers weigh public's right to know against the need to protect cyber secrets. Sen. Patrick Leahy's (D-Vt.) provision in 2012 Defense authorization bill tightens the definition of "exemptions," but he questions the need for further rules to give agencies power to withhold information.
Tags: Sunshine Week , transparency , Congress , FOIA , Senate Judiciary Committee , Patrick Leahy , Charles Grassley , Paul Rosenzweig , Jerry Ensminger , Melanie Pustay , Kenneth Bunting , National Freedom of Information Coalition , Jared Serbu , DoJ , Barack Obama , White House , Navy , DoD , management