Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: open government
Try as it may to may information easier to obtain and clearer to understand, the government's efforts to be more transparent often fall short.
Kevin Gallagher, the associate director for core science systems at USGS, said the agency is developing a new data management strategy that will help it meet the White House requirement to make federally-funded research data more easily accessible.
Dan Juengst, senior cloud strategist for Red Hat discusses how his company is helping federal agencies with their cloud computing needs.
June 11, 2013
Tags: technology , cloud computing , Dan Juengst , Red Hat , open data , Open source software , data management , National Security Agency , Linux , private cloud , public cloud , hybrid cloud , IaaS , PaaS , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
Noel Dickover, federal IT consultant for Communibuild Technologies, and Alexander Howard, a Washington, D.C., based writer and editor, join host John Gilroy with a private sector perspective on open data.
June 4, 2013
US CTO Todd Park and HHS CIO Bryan Sivak talk about this year's Datapalooza event, which takes place next month in Washington D.C.
May 21, 2013
Mary Givvines, deputy director of Information Services at the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, joins host John Gilroy to talk about how the agency's open government initiatives.
March 5, 2013
Tags: technology , innovation , transparency , FOIA , Nuclear Regulatory Commission , Mary Givvines , Agency Documents Access Management System , 2013 Regulatory Information Conference , social media , crisis communications , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
The White House reaffirmed its commitment to an open and transparent government in President Barack Obama's second term. But government watchdog advocates say their frustration is growing with the slow and inconsistent progress agencies are making to make information more easily available.
Tags: American University , transparency , White House , Open Government Directive , technology , FOIA , Jason Miller , Lisa Ellman , Daniel Metcalfe , Collaboration on Government Secrecy , Anne Weismann , Miriam Nesbit
The guidance is two months late, but OMB is expected to issue it in early 2013. Todd Park, the federal CTO, said the White House also is updating the Data.gov platform and expanding the approach to healthcare data to other sectors.
OPM developing competency models for performance improvement officers and chief operating officers as part of its requirements under the GPRA Modernization Act. DHS moves to agile development to fix the HSIN program. NIST to update HSPD-12 card requirements to meet mobile needs.
Tags: technology , GSA , OPM , NIST , DHS , Martha Johnson , Dave McClure , Patsy Stevens , Donna Roy , Jeremy Grant , NSTIC , Suzanne Lightman , Green government , energy efficiency , GPRA Modernization , HSIN , cybersecurity , identity management , mobile , HSPD-12 , Jason Miller , ELC 2011
The Environmental Protection Agency partnered with the Commerce Department and National Archives to launch a new online portal aimed at streamlining the Freedom of Information Act request process for both the public and federal agencies.