Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: open government
NASA's online dashboard tracks the agency's open government goals.
O'Reilly Radar reports that the World Bank is setting an example for creating easy-to-use data.
Tags: World Bank , Gov 2.0 , data sharing , technology , widgets , International Open Government Data Conference , O'Reilly Radar , Gov 2.0 News , Open Data Community , best practices , Must Reads , Dorobek Insider
Andrea Di Maio writes in Gartner that he notices female feds are better at social media than male feds.
What does the White House Flickr feed say about who has influence in the Obama administration?
Tags: White House , Barack Obama , Joe Biden , Hillary Clinton , David Axelrod , David Plouffe , Leon Panetta , Rahm Emanuel , Flickr , technology , Must Reads , Dorobek Insider , New York Times , Politico , Tech President
Do you know how your local taxes are being spent? In Albuquerque, New Mexico, residents can track their tax dollars with a click of a mouse, part of an open government initiative called ABQ View. Albuquerque Mayor Richard Berry talks about the importance of transparency on all levels of government.
OpenTheGovernment.org is taking public comments to find out how far federal agencies have come toward fulfilling President Obama's commitment to more transparent government.
David Eaves is an open government and Gov2.0 expert. He joined Chris Dorobek on the Dorobek Insider.
Steven VanRoekel is the managing director at FCC. He told the DorobekINSIDER about the changes introduced on the Reboot.FCC.gov site.
One of the Obama administration's biggest partners when it comes to the use of technology for open government, the Sunlight Foundation, is questioning whether the push for gov 2.0 is running out of steam. Ellen Miller, Sunlight's executive director, calls the open data plans disappointing because 12 of 30 agencies didn't list any data sets for release. Federal CTO Aneesh Chopra said he welcomes the criticism.
Agency issues RFI looking for the right person from the public or private sector. The position includes outreach to user communities and identifying new technologies to make information more accessible to the public.