Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: newsstand
One of the constitutionally-mandated jobs of Congress is to provide oversight over the Cabinet-level agencies and other organizations within the Executive Branch. Aside from a law degree, or a passionate interest in politics and the working of government, how does one learn to be an investigator for a government oversight committee? A DC-based good government group has a new resource available for Hill staffers.
Tags: Project on Government Oversight , Ingrid Drake , Mark Paoletta , Dickstein Shapiro , House Energy & Commerce Committee , Dean Zerbe , Alliant Group , National Whistleblowers Center , Senator Chuck Grassley
Spring townhall talks best practices and successes
So, what does happen to all that paper, and all those gifts from the Bush years in the White House?
A Maryland Army facility is now on an exclusive EPA priority list to clean up toxic waste contamination at a field where wastes associated with weapons production were dumped, contaminating the local water supply.
Ben Cardin hopes to turn local papers into the little publishing engine that could.
There's a new chair in charge of a key House subcommittee that has, among its other responsiblities, cybersecurity, primarily in a military context. California Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D.) recently discussed her new responsibilities during the recent AFCEA Homeland Security Conference.
Transitioning friendships and relationships.
The Pentagon faces a deadline of September 15th, 2011, by which it has to complete all the work of BRAC -- the Base Realignment and Closure process. That means either closing, or making adjustments to, military facilities all across the country. Yesterday, a key House subcommittee got a progress report on BRAC from Pentagon officials.
Tags: BRAC , Dorothy Robyn , Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Installations , House Appropriations Subcommittee on Military Cons , Chet Edwards , Walter Reed National Medical Center , Fort Belvoir , Max Cacas , defense , DoD
The plethora of new, previously unavailable datasets blossoming on federal agency websites following a deadline last Friday are just the most recent manifestation of the Open Government Initiative. Recently, a panel of experts sat down at the American University's Washington College of Law to explore the OGI as part of the Obama Administration's push for more transparency and openness. They discussed where agencies go from here towards an April deadline set by the White House.
Tags: Open Government Directive , Alex Hunt , Office of Management and Budget , Sean Moulton , OMB Watch , American University , Washington College of Law , Collaboration on Government Secrecy , Max Cacas