Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: newsstand
The heavy snow fall that has closed much of the Washington area on Wednesday collapsed the roof and a wall at a Smithsonian storage facility in Suitland, Maryland.
The chairman of the Senate committee with jurisdiction over the U.S. Census Bureau says he's trying to find out which of his colleagues placed a hold on the nomination of Robert Groves.
Advocates for extensible business reporting language in both the legislative and executive branches are pressing for its use in recovery.gov, the website which is earmarked to track spending of federal stimulus money.
With Congress returning to work this week, the chairman of the House panel that oversees science and technology agencies and programs maps out an ambitious agenda for the second session of the 111th Congress. And: will there be a change in the leadership of the House Science and Technology Committee a year from now?
One of the top buzzwords in the federal space these days is transparency. More and more officials are embracing the idea of the government being more open and transparent, and more are making use of social collaboration and networking tools in their agencies. But how are they faring in implementing the tools of collaboration? A blue-ribbon panel at the yesterday's MeriTalk/Adobe Government Assembly offered some perspective.
All over the Federal Government, agencies are trying to figure out how social collaboration applications fit into the mission of their organizations. Representatives from several government agencies offered best practice talks about their own encounters with web 2.0 during the recent Adobe Government Open Source Conference.
Tags: Adobe Government Open Source Conference , MeriTalk , Tina Carriola , Idea Factory , Transportation Security Agency , Ken Fritzsche , Army Knowledge Online , Jack Holt , Defense Media Activity , best practices
Fixing the fiscal future
Studies by the Government Accountability Office have uncovered serious shortcomings in security provided at the nation's federal office buildings. But what do Federal security officials and the contract security companies they employ think about solutions to the long-festering problem of building security? Here's Part Two of our coverage of recent House Homeland Security oversight hearings on the Federal Protective Service.
Tags: Federal Protective Service , Bennie Thompson , House Homeland Security Committee , Rand Beers , Department of Homeland Security , David Wright , American Federation of Government Employees , Steve Amitay , National Association of Security Companies , Max Cacas