Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: newsstand
As the Commonwealth of Virginia makes the transition to a new governor, the state's outgoing chief executive, Tim Kaine, reflects on one of the biggest challenges of his soon-to-be-concluded term: BRAC, the Pentagon's Base Realignment and Closure process, which is forcing the relocation of several large military facilities out of the state. However, as Kaine told Federal News Radio exclusively, the state was able to successfully mitigate some of the effects of BRAC, especially in the Northern Virginia suburbs.
A dutch treat for fans of government transparency and accountability
Congressional Democrats have begun the task of codifying into federal law "PayGo", rules that mandate an equivalent cut in spending in one area to compensate for an increase in spending elsewhere. The President has proposed the action to trim the budget, but opponents say recent stimulus and financial bailout spending make them wary of the idea.
FOIA "the power cord that connects the American people to their government."
Sometime around the end of May, Coast Guard Commandant Adm. Thad Allen will hand over the reins of the service to his successor. During his four-year tour, Allen has helped oversee the Coast Guard at a time of transition. He talked about it in his final "State of the Coast Guard" speech at the National Press Club.