Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: mythbusting
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Alan Chvotkin, the vice president and general counsel of the Professional Services Council, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the role played by contractors in dispelling falsehoods about agency-contractor contractor communication.
GSA Chief Acquisition Officer Mindy Connolly, discusses GSA's acquisition workforce, the Myth-Busters campaign, and sustainability in government procurement.
May 31, 2011
Some administration officials fear the acquisition workforce can't properly manage government contracts. Dan Gordon said strengthening that workforce is OFPP's number one priority. He also said he wants to improve communication between government acquisition officers and industry.
The agency wants help from federal and industry partners to improve communications between the two. GSA said it has a large toolbox of resources agencies can build on to fit their specific missions. Vendors also should be on the lookout for several new contracts in the coming months.
OFPP's Myth-busting campaign is working to clear up misconceptions about the campaign itself. OFPP Administrator Dan Gordon joins the show to explain.
February 15, 2011 (Encore presentation July 5, 2011)