Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: mobile devices
The complexity of adding mobile devices to federal networks makes them more susceptible to IT problems. That's according to a survey of federal network managers by MeriTalk. They say virtualization, complex mobile systems, and cloud computing are causing network disruptions that prevent agencies from carrying out their missions. The network managers believe they can cut the complexity of their agency's network in half, which they say could reduce their agency's IT spending by 20 percent.
New investors could restore BlackBerry's place in the federal market, as the company weighs its options for the future.
Kim Hancher, the chief information officer at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, will hsare her ideas on mobile device management
August 6, 2013
Tags: technology , mobile device management , enterprise tablets , Computer World , cloud computing , BlackBerry , Bring your own device , information technology , mobile security , mobile strategy , Kim Hancher , EEOC , Federal Tech Talk , John Gilroy
Kerry Weems, the vice president and general manager for Health Solutions for General Dynamics Information Technology will discuss data collection and IT security.
May 28, 2013
Tags: technology , data collection , data consolidation , Kerry Weems , General Dynamics Information Technology , HHS , Physician Quality Reporting System , Medicare , Medicaid , Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services , electronic health records , data storage , cloud computing , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
Phillip Soloweszyk, director of Identity and Windows Consulting Services for Quest Software, will discuss identity management.
APril 16, 2013
Doctor Doug Fridsma, chief science officer for HHS's Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, will discuss how interoperability will make it easier to share health information.
April 2, 2013
Tags: technology , Healthcare IT , interoperability , electronic health records , enterprise systems , HHS , Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT , information sharing , records management , Blue Button initiative , health information exchange , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk , Doug Fridsma
Kerry McDermott from the WestHealth Institute and Dr. Harry Greenspun from Deloitte talk about healthcare IT, and ways to cut costs.
February 26, 2013
Tags: technology , Healthcare IT , Kerry McDermott , WestHealth Institute , Dr. Harry Greenspun , Deloitte , mobile health , information technology , patient centered care , wireless security , Federal Tech Talk , John Gilroy
Steven Sprague, CEO of Wave Systems joins host John Gilroy to talk about advanced password management and other IT issues.
November 20, 2012
Ojas Rege, vice president of Strategy for MobileIron, joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help you manage a wide variety of mobile devices.
September 11, 2012
Horace Blackman, CIO and director of IT support services at the Veterans Affairs Department Central Office talks about how mobile devices are handled at his agency.
September 4, 2012