Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: mobile computing
Walter Harris, the chief operating officer and acting chief information officer at the Food and Drug Administration, said the agency should name a permanent CIO in the next three months to help take the agency into the cloud.
Gino Magnifico, the chief information officer of the Army Contracting Command, said the move to a zero-client setup for its desktop computers and the development of lighter weight apps to be used anywhere in the world is a direct result of having a mature cloud infrastructure.
The Veterans Affairs Department will release the Summary of Care and Blue Button applications for mobile devices this fall. The release is part of a burgeoning effort to create connections with patients outside of the traditional office visit.
Labor Department Deputy CIO Dawn Leaf joins Federal News Radio for an online chat to discuss her priorities around IT modernization, data center consolidation and cybersecurity.
Inside the DoD Reporter's Notebook: DoD releases missing piece of 2015 budget; defense acquisition 'good enough'
The Defense Department's request for its overseas contingency operations is about $20 billion less than initial estimates. Former Defense officials say realistic goals and managed expectations usually spelled success for weapons systems.
George Jakabcin, the chief information officer for Treasury's Inspector General for Tax Administration, said a top priority is reducing how many printer and copier devices his office supports, while also improving the network experience for employees no matter where they are working.
May 2, 2014
Ojas Rege, vice president of Strategy for MobileIron, will explain how his company can help your agency develop its mobile strategy and manage its mobile devices.
April 22, 2014
Sonny Hashmi, acting CIO at GSA, said his goal is to have at least half of all employees using VDI in 2014 and 75 percent by the end of 2015. VDI, along with application rationalization and other initiatives, is part of how GSA is looking to reduce IT spending further.
April 3, 2014
The cloud of the future will handle larger workloads and a higher density of virtual machines per server, yet with less space and power consumption.
Barry West, the chief information officer of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, outlined five strategic goals, including cybersecurity, cloud computing and mobility, in a new IT strategic plan.