Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: millennials
The Department of the Interior is actively hiring young people in order to increase diversity within its ranks. At a recent event, Secretary Sally Jewell encouraged other agencies to adopt similar diversity initiatives.
Teens who once thrilled to The Who's "My Generation" have entered the workforce, grown older and are, in many cases, high-ranking employees and managers. In other words, they are the old fogies they once railed against. "Federal Report" readers react to the office age-gap in this guest column.
They're entitled, narcissistic, "free spirits," who chafe at the confines of ordinary desk work. They grew up in the era of Little League trophies for everyone, are tied to their smartphones and live out much of their lives on Facebook. At least that's what some of you think about millennials. We're talking Generation Y in today's guest column. Even if you're not part of the under-30 crowd, we bet you have an opinion.
The typical workplace is made up of four generations with different learning and communication styles, different work-life balance needs, and different preferences in how their contributions are recognized. Dr. Bonni Yordi tells us about a new study on what can lead to a more effective organization.
Tags: Federal Drive , management , IBM Business of Government , Engaging a Multi-Generational Workforce: Practical , Bonni Yordi , MRA–The Management Association , Boomers, , Chief Human Capital Officers , Gen X , Gen Y , generational diversity , human capital planning , Multi-Generational Workforce , NASA , workforce planning , Suzanne Kubota
How your agency can turn the interest of millenials into action and encourage them to come aboard was the topic of a recent roundtable. We get details from John Della Volpe, polling director at the Harvard Institute of Politics.