Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: military retirement
Federal News Radio Senior Correspondent Mike Causey joins hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan to talk about the big issues affecting feds in 2013 and what's ahead in the new year.
January 6, 2014
Dov Zakheim, former undersecretary of defense (comptroller), says deficit-reduction negotiations are setting up a discussion about military retirement that could affect recruiting and retention.
Amid calls for military retirement reform, Pentagon officials say the system that's in place right now is not the main driver of the department's escalating personnel costs and is affordable . Their remarks Tuesday before a Congressional subcommittee run counter to a Defense Business Board report that suggested retirement costs may eventually crowd out warfighting capability.
Tags: DoD , Congress , House , House Armed Services Committee , pay and benefits , benefits , retirement , Defense Business Board , Steve Stobridge , Jo Ann Rooney , Vee Penrod , Austin Scott , Jared Serbu