Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: military compensation
In an open letter to congressional leaders and to Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, a broad array of military scholars argue the cost of running the Pentagon bureaucracy soon will crowd out the spending necessary to fight and win wars.
Tags: DoD , budget , BRAC , workforce , Jared Serbu , Larry Korb , Gordon Adams , Center for American Progress , Center for Strategic and International Studies , Todd Harrison , Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments , Stimson Center , Brookings Institution , David Berteau , Mackenzie Eaglen , American Enterprise Institute
Todd Harrison is the defense budget fellow at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments. In this week's edition of On DoD, he talks with Jared Serbu about a new study he's just finished: Rebalancing Military Compensation: An Evidence-based Approach. He asked servicemembers which benefits they actually valued and which ones they didn't.