Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: military
Veterans National Education Program Co-founders Andrea Hooper and Bob McMahon talk about the organization's vision and mission.
April 20, 2012(Encore presentation June 8, 2012)
A group calling itself "Lulzsec Reborn" claims to have hacked into the private information of 170,000 members of a military dating website. However, the owner of the website disputed the claim, since the dating service has only 140,000 members.
The Pentagon recently announced it would open up 14,000 combat positions to female troops. While women in uniform say the decision will lend "legitimacy" to the frontline roles they already fill, they say job discrimination pales in comparison to the difficulty of raising a family while serving.
In her 26-years of government service, Robin Wink served in both the military and the civil service. Wink says there's a lot civilian agencies can learn about motivating their workforces from those in uniform.
The White House has asked the Pentagon for initial recommendations for the U.S. troop presence in Afghanistan in 2014. It is the first step in planning the final U.S. drawdown, despite a bleak security outlook.
TroopSwap CEO Blake Hall and Vice President of Operations Aaron Tiffany joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to explain how the company is reaching out to military spouses.
he Veterans of Foreign Wars on Tuesday urged its 2 million members to plead with Congress to spare military and veterans' benefits as a special deficit-cutting panel looks to slash $1.2 trillion from the federal budget.
Who speaks for the children of our military men and women in uniform? Trevor Romain, an internationally-known children's author and advocate, is working with the Pentagon on a DVD to address the special challenges of military kids. Bullying, cluques, and homework are not unique, but the complications of re-deployment, frequent moving, and missing parents can make it tough. He spoke to a recent Defense military family conference in Chicago.
Twitter users can be found at the top of the U.S. Military's chain of command. Follow Air Force General Craig McKinley, chief of the National Guard Bureau at Chief-N-G-B. Navy Admiral Mike Mullen -- follow him at 'thejointstaff' - says he'll keep tweeting even as the Pentagon debates the future of social media. These military leaders see social networks as a way to dialogue with the civilians they serve.