Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: metrics
Phil Kemelor, senior manager, Enterprise Intelligence for Digitial Analytics at Ernst and Young, talks about how digital analytics can help you track website performance at your agency.
June 25, 2013
GSA led a 12-member interagency working group to create a set of measures specifically aimed at defining the usefulness of social media for agencies. The agency also released an API that lets users create tools to bring together government social media feeds in one place. Both tools are called for in the Digital Government Strategy.
In a world of shrinking budgets, federal agencies are constantly looking to improve performance. No one is dealing with that more right now than the Department of Defense. But the DoD, with its inherent emphasis on mission and metrics, is also poised to adapt to this new climate better than anyone else. On the Federal Drive, several DoD experts weighed in on balancing performance and resources.
CIOs and agency security officers will have to answer more than 50 questions as part of a three-step cybersecurity review. OMB to finalize the new standards in coming weeks and experts expect them to change to focus more on automating controls. OMB also wants more data on current and future cybersecurity spending.
CDW-G's Andy Lausch discusses the findings of a report on green government initiative metrics for IT.
She announces a top-to-bottom review of how they measure whether or not they are meeting their mission.
Johnson will lead an off-site event in May to reexamine how the agency is serving its customers.
Administrator Johnson wants to reduce the number of metrics GSA uses, and move the measures from inspection to motivating employees. The agency also wants to encourage agencies to be less risk adverse by leaning on their services.