Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: mentoring
American Corporate Partners Founder Sidney Goodfriend and Phillip Selleh, program manager for the VA Business Accelerator will discuss how their organizations are helping returning veterans find jobs and start businesses.
May 24, 2013
Tags: workforce , Sidney Goodfriend , American Corporate Partners , Phillip Selleh , VA Accelerator Program , veterans , veterans employment , hiring , Veterans-owned businesses , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access
OPM Director John Berry said the agency changed the annual survey to give agencies more insight into the morale and thoughts of their employees. Berry said agencies in their zeal to cut budgets shouldn't forget the importance of training.
Cary Kemp Larson, an organizational psychologist who helped develop a new mentoring program at the National Science Foundation, talks to The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp about successful mentoring.
Feds looking for career guidance and motivation are increasingly going outside of their agencies to find it. Employees from 20 agencies attended a recent "flash mentoring" session hosted by the Office of Personnel Management's HR University. More seasoned human resources professionals served as mentors.
The Chief Human Capital Officers Council will hold speed matchmaking sessions each quarter starting in 2012 to pair up mentors and those who are looking for such support. Kathryn Medina, the executive director of the CHCO Council, said the success of the first speed mentoring session earlier this year presented an opportunity to address a long-standing need.
The Wounded Warrior MENTOR may be asked for advice on anything from family relationships and financial matters, to services and benefits. Wounded Warrior Mentor Program volunteer Hank Kenny explains.
E-Mentees will be recruited through State's existing network of thousands of alumni from exchange programs focusing on entrepreneurship, and others who express serious interest in entrepreneurial guidance. We get details from the State Department's Steven Koltai.