Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: mentoring
This week, Julie Perkins hosts a roundtable discussion of why government agencies should recruit and hire members of the millennial generation.
October 3, 2014
Tags: workforce , hiring , millennials , recruitment , Julie Perkins , Miguel Aviles , Kimberly Holden , Neil Reichenberg , Young Government Leaders , Office of Personnel Management , International Public Management Association for Human Resources , Fed Talk ,
On this week's Women of Washington radio show, Lockheed Martin's Sondra Barbour explains how she and women like her broke the glass ceiling in the private sector.
Linda Washington, former assistant secretary for Administration at the Department of Transportation, discusses the importance of being inclusive within federal agencies on this week's Women of Washington radio show.
Dr. Nadine Kabbani, assistant professor in the Department of Molecular Neuroscience at George Mason University, joins the Women of Washington radio show to discuss the history of women in research science and the problem of getting more women interested in scientific fields.
Jill Singer, partner at Deep Water Point and former CIO of the National Reconnaissance Office, sits down with Women of Washington radio show hosts Aileen Black and Gigi Schumm, for a discussion about cloud computing and insider threats.
Todd Wells and Greg Stanford from the Federal Managers Association, and Miguel Aviles from Young Government Leaders will discuss upcoming training opportunites for federal managers.
February 21, 2014
Tags: workforce , training , management training , management , Federal Managers Association , Young Government Leaders , Todd Wells , Greg Stanford , Miguel Aviles , Fed Talk , Shaw Bransford and Roth
A new report from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission identified six signficant obstacles facing women in the federal workforce, including a disparity in pay and difficulty advancing into higher-level management positions.
Young Government Leaders helps young professionals find classes and mentors that can help them to learn new skills and advance in their careers.
The goal of the mentoring hub is to provide a one-stop shop and standardize, in many respects, how mentoring and knowledge sharing are done across the government. The first pilot focuses on human resources and problem solving. It includes a series of group mentoring events to share techniques for solving problems.
American Corporate Partners Founder Sidney Goodfriend and Phillip Selleh, program manager for the VA Business Accelerator will discuss how their organizations are helping returning veterans find jobs and start businesses.
June 14, 2013