Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: mental health
OPM's Katherine Archuleta and HHS' Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration release a memo providing guidance to agency leaders about how to identify individuals in mental health distress. The guidance also offers resources to federal employees looking for help.
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts examine how the gun control debate will affect the demand for mental health services, and how contractors will be impacted by the President's new cybersecurity executive order.
February 14, 2013
Tags: gun control , healthcare , Medicaid , Matthew Barry , cybersecurity , cybersecurity policy , President Barack Obama , Afzal Bari , Peter Brusoe , infrastructure , Bloomberg Government , Allen Scott , Hershey , Capital Impact , acquisition , contracting , Valentine
Army leadership is looking to improve coordination among its mental health programs and other soldier-resilience efforts, acknowledging Monday that a patchwork system of tools is often confusing for both commanders and soldiers.
VA said last month it is hiring nearly 2,000 mental health professionals and support staff. The agency will also continually assess staffing levels.
Tags: VA ,
The Department of Veterans Affairs said Thursday it was increasing its staff of mental health workers by roughly 1,900, part of an effort to address a shortage of specialists and to better prepare for the medical needs of veterans returning home from war.
Tags: VA ,
Veterans with mental health issues receive care comparable to that available in the private sector but the care falls short of standards set by the Department of Veterans Affairs, according to a new report. Dr. Kate Watkins, who conducted the study for the RAND Corporation, told Federal News Radio where VA has succeeded and where it has failed.
Virginia fails to provide adequate mental health services for children in the community, often resulting in costly stays in psychiatric facilities or incarceration, according to a report released Tuesday by a children's advocacy group.
Tags: Virginia , Voices for Virginia's Children , Margaret Nimmo Crowe , Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Devel , The Pines Residential Treatment Center , Meghan McGuire , Commonwealth Center for Children and Adolescents , Richmond Behavioral Health Authority , Beth Rafferty
Sarah Knutson has stepped onto a new path to spread mental health just by going upstairs at the headquarters of On Our Own of Frederick County.