Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: management
They may have the best of intentions, but people who have not spent time working within the bureaucracy rarely understand the complexities of changing government, particularly in this era of partisanship, says former DHS CHCO Jeff Neal.
The Office of Management and Budget's assessment of cross-agency priority (CAP) goals could use improvement, according to a Government Accountability Office report published Tuesday. GAO found many of the reviews lacked relevant information, such as time frames for particular goals and the status of ongoing efforts.
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel announced Gen. Joe Dunford is the new Marine Corps commandant nominee, and Rear Adm. Walter Carter Jr. has been nominated to lead the U.S. Naval Academy.
John Hillen, executive in residence and professor of practice at George Mason University's School of Management will discuss the growth of the GovCon services market.
June 3, 2014
The Postal Service Inspector General recommended that USPS make changes to its decades-old benefit programs that cost the agency millions.
After less than four months at the Veterans Affairs Department, Sloan D. Gibson suddenly finds himself in charge of fixing the problems that led to the resignation of VA Secretary Eric Shinseki.
Following complaints of widespread discrimination, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is overhauling its system for evaluating employee performance. The financial watchdog's performance-appraisal system resulted in "systematically lower ratings" for black and Hispanic employees, employees over the age of 40, employees located in field offices and those employed at lower pay scales, according to report on the performance-appraisal system published by the agency earlier this month.
Under a construct that's still under discussion, the Defense Information Systems Agency would take charge of some portion of DoD's cyber defenses under a new Joint Force Headquarters.
The leadership displayed by his fellow prisoners at the Hanoi Hilton prison camp inspired the leadership lessons Lee Ellis teaches as part of his job as a leadership consultant.
Agencies are struggling to fill gaps in their succession-planning efforts, according to a new survey. Many of the HR professionals surveyed said their agencies aren't planning to invest in key succession-planning initiatives. And even where they are taking action, too many agency managers are taking a piecemeal, "siloed" approach, according to experts.