Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: management
Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Burwell appointed a new high-level operations manager to closely supervise the online portal to coverage under President Barack Obama's health care law. She also announced that she's hiring a CEO and a technology leader to specifically handle all aspects of the health law's coverage expansion.
OMB is giving agencies a lot of latitude to figure out how best to meet key parts of the Government Performance and Results Act Modernization Act of 2010. NASA, NSF say they are developing strategic review processes that fit their specific mission goals. Agencies are going through the first set of reviews and rankings this summer.
As government agencies migrate to cloud computing and other new technologies, the information technology workforce requirements are changing.
Federal Chief Information Officer Steve VanRoekel says good management policies should be enough to improve how agencies buy, operate and deliver technology.
About 10 percent of veterans seeking medical care at VA hospitals and clinics have to wait at least 30 days for an appointment -- more than twice the percentage of veterans the government said last week were forced to endure long waits.
With an employment drop over the past year, agencies must adopt a "less with less" mentality, according Bob Tobias, director of Key Executive Leadership Programs at American University. He says executives must be honest with Congress about their limited capabilities.
Former Defense Department CIO Teri Takai joins Women of Washington radio hosts Aileen Black and Gigi Schumm for a discussion on women in government roles and her predictions for the Joint Information Environment.
The National Weather Service launched the ambassador program in February, and it now has more than 350 private sector, state, local, federal agency and other partners. The ambassador program is part of the NWS Weather Ready Nation effort to set an example of how to prepare for weather related events.
Federal News Radio's survey of agency chief human capital officers and deputy CHCOs finds that employee engagement and supervisor training are among the most common ways they are improving the morale of the workforce. NASA CHCO Jeri Buchholz said training of these supervisors is key to making agencies run more smoothly.