Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: management
When a National Guardsman returns from a deployment. its sometimes easy to deal with physical wounds. But what about traumatic brain injury, or post-traumatic stress disorder? To combat that, the Army has come up with FID-RAH...or the post-deployment health reassessment, for soldiers coming home. Its designed to catch combat-related health problems before they get home, and get the help they need. I'm Max Cacas.
Air Force Captain Charlotta Blalock says she gets some strange looks from people when she's on a plane, and will drop to the deck and start doing push ups at 14,000 feet. Blalock, who is aide de camp to General Roger Brady, head of U.S. Air Forces in Europe, is now a competitive bodybuilder, after deciding four years ago to step it up when it came to her fitness. She scores "excellent" in the Air Force fitness test. I'm Max Cacas.
The Pentagon is teaming with the Office of Personnel Management for a review of the National Security Personnel System. Deputy Defense Secretary William Lynn and OPM's new director, John Berry, will ask the Defense Review Board to set up a task force to look at NSPS. DoD has held off on converting military organizations to the new pay system pending the review. NSPS currently covers more than 200 thousand Pentagon staffers. I'm Max Cacas.
President Obama's nominee to head the U.S. Census Bureau responded in the bluntest terms possible to questions regarding the politicization of the 2010 census. Senate leaders expect to vote on the nomination before adjourning for the Memorial Day recess.
Pick is also former astronaut and likely to meet with the President on Monday.