Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: management
The Pentagon wants members of the armed forces victimized by scam artists in these tough times to know that the Federal Trade Commission wants to help. The FTC's Consumer Sentinel/Military program provides a secure online database where the military can report concerns about identity theft, deceptive lending or mortgage practices. Find a link on http://www.ftc.gov .
At the Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland, Army Sergeant Gabrielle Martinez is one soldier who "makes an impact" on nearly everyone she meets. The information systems analyst with the 20th Support Command has helped fine tune the physical fitness program for her unit, and is also a leader of its color guard. In her 'spare time', she earned a college degree, and is considering Officer Candidate School.
Tags: Gabrielle Martinez
Human Resources Products & Services Division Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
June 22nd and June 24th
A state-run newspaper said Monday that a Chinese submarine's reported collision last week with an underwater sonar apparatus towed by a U.S. destroyer in the South China Sea was likely an accident. The official China Daily cited Chinese military experts as saying that the submarine's collision with the sonar array connected to the USS John S. McCain probably occurred due to a misjudgment of distance. No injuries were reported and the extent of damage to the sonar array was not immediately known.