Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: management
Martha Johnson seen by many as the most qualified candidate to be GSA administrator in a decade. But her nomination remains on hold in the Senate because Sen. Christopher Bond is unhappy with GSA's plans for a new federal building in Kansas City. Some call Bond's use of the hold authority an abuse of power.
Tags: Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Christopher Bond , Sahar Wali , Stephen Leeds , Paul Prouty , Bob Peck , GSA , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , White House , Olga Grkavac , Martha Johnson , Paul Light , TechAmerica , Acting administrator , confirmation process , Congress , series , Agency Instability
Current and former officials says day-to-day operations are working well, but morale and long term strategy are suffering. Martha Johnson, the nominee to be GSA administrator, remains on hold in Senate. GSA names fourth acting administrator since 2008 and the parade of interim leaders is creating more uneasiness about the agency's future.
Tags: Stephen Leeds , Christopher Bond , Sahar Wali , GSA , OMB , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Martha Johnson , Danielle Germain , Lurita Doan , Acting administrator , confirmation process
The Federal government has jumped into action after yesterday's earthquake in Haiti. The lead agencies for Federal response are USAID, working through the State Department; and the Defense Department.
DorobekInsider: What you read Jan. 3-9 on the DorobekInsider, Daily Debrief, and FederalNewsRadio.com
President of Senior Executives Association says data from survey of GS-14's and 15's being aggregated; expects survey to be released later this month.
Homeland Security Today editor David Silverberg has analysis.