Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: malware
Hear a clip of tomorrow's Federal Security Spotlight.
IT company gives its thoughts on what will be most prominent for managers in 2010.
In-Q-Tel, the venture capital company created by the CIA, has partnered with FireEye to defend against malware attacks.
Security researcher Sean-Paul Correll talks more about what his company found.
Jan. 14, 2010
More than two million more web pages were infected with malware during the third quarter of 2009 compared to the same quarter in 2008.
It appears that the botnet is also in the business of renting out its reach and download capability to cybercriminals.
Greg Schaffer, the acting deputy undersecretary for the National Protection and Programs Directorate at DHS, said in Information Week that it's is one of the most complicated and difficult challenges they have.
Marketing could be the new required course for would be cyber criminals.
Most of the messages came disguised as package-tracking emails from UPS or DHL.
In a move to control the contollers, criminal servers have been swapped for government servers to intercept communications between infected systems and the servers controlling them.