Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: logistics
Improving business functions like logistics and finance that support the real mission of the Defense Department get a push.
The U.S. Army Sustainment Command has awarded Honeywell logistics contracts worth more than $230 million to manage global inventory, maintenance and operations for three Army Field Support Brigades.
Everything from helicopters to printer cartridges is being wrapped and stamped and shipped out of Iraq. U.S. military bases that once resembled small towns have transformed into a cross between giant post offices and Office Depots. Major General Stephen Lanza is the spokesman for all U.S. forces in Iraq explains the process.
A team of over 40 civilians is going to Afghanistan to set up a distribution facility where materials are stored and issued to members of the military. Rear Admiral Thomas Traaen tells us how it works.