Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: logistics
Improving business functions like logistics and finance that support the real mission of the Defense Department get a push.
The U.S. Army Sustainment Command has awarded Honeywell logistics contracts worth more than $230 million to manage global inventory, maintenance and operations for three Army Field Support Brigades.
Everything from helicopters to printer cartridges is being wrapped and stamped and shipped out of Iraq. U.S. military bases that once resembled small towns have transformed into a cross between giant post offices and Office Depots. Major General Stephen Lanza is the spokesman for all U.S. forces in Iraq explains the process.
A team of over 40 civilians is going to Afghanistan to set up a distribution facility where materials are stored and issued to members of the military. Rear Admiral Thomas Traaen tells us how it works.