Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: logistics
Improving business functions like logistics and finance that support the real mission of the Defense Department get a push.
The U.S. Army Sustainment Command has awarded Honeywell logistics contracts worth more than $230 million to manage global inventory, maintenance and operations for three Army Field Support Brigades.
Everything from helicopters to printer cartridges is being wrapped and stamped and shipped out of Iraq. U.S. military bases that once resembled small towns have transformed into a cross between giant post offices and Office Depots. Major General Stephen Lanza is the spokesman for all U.S. forces in Iraq explains the process.
A team of over 40 civilians is going to Afghanistan to set up a distribution facility where materials are stored and issued to members of the military. Rear Admiral Thomas Traaen tells us how it works.