Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: leadership
With 30 years of experience as a federal employee, Thomas Williams considers the government a great place to work. He even encouraged his youngest daughter to follow in the footsteps of her father, grandfather and great-grandfather. His leadership skills have earned him the honor of being names one of Federal News Radio's Top Leaders in Federal Service.
Times of tight budgets, impending sequestration and a possible government shutdown require good leaders who can make tough decisions. But who are those leaders? Federal News Radio asked our readers to nominate people they work with who demonstrate the qualities of good leadership. You responded, we listened and a panel of judges picked the five Top Leaders in Federal Service.
Tags: Bev Godwin , Michael Parker , Marcia Pelberg , Charles Rothwell , Thomas Williams , Top Leaders in Federal Service , Loren Gary , John Baldoni , Max Stier , management , Federal Drive , Michael OConnell , workforce , exclusive
Jenny Mattingley hosts a rountable discussion on government training and leadership development.
February 22, 2013
Tags: workforce , federal managers , leadership development , management training , Todd Wells , Greg Stanford , Jenny Mattingley , Joe Schumacher , OPM , John Mattone , succession planning , Federal Managers Association , Fed Talk
Federal News Radio wants to know what morale is like in your federal office. We're also looking for your opinion on leaders in federal service. Take our brief survey today!
Help Federal News Radio recognize the most successful leaders in the civil service by nominating a co-worker who you think knows how to lead well.
The agency issued the Federal Supervisory Training Framework that details three levels of competencies for new or existing managers. The guidance is one of several initiatives OPM put forward over the past few years to improve employee leadership skills.
Federal employee satisfaction on nearly every measure dropped this year, according to the 2012 Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey. Complaints about federal pay mostly fueled feds' declining morale. But former federal human-capital officials also pointed to the role of senior agency leaders.
Tom Dugard from Affirmational Leadership Consulting and Kathie Lingle from WorldatWork will discuss the leadership qualities that federal managers should have.
October 5, 2012
Tags: workforce , federal managers , efficiency in government , conflict resolution , Debra Roth , Tom Dugard , Affirmational Leadership Consulting , Kathie Lingle , WorldatWork , federal workplace , Fed Talk
What makes a great federal leader? One of our readers says the formula is simple - behave in a manner that would make her daughter (or your kids) want to be like you!
Chris Inglis, the deputy director of the National Security Agency, said agencies need good managers and leaders, as well as employees with specific skill sets. He said NSA's balance between the three is helping it succeed at its core missions.