Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: layoffs
Evan Lesser, founder and director of Clearance Jobs.com will discuss the state of the clearance job market and what's ahead in the new year.
December 20, 2013 (Encore presentation December 27, 2013 and January 3, 2014)
Evan Lesser, founder and director of Clearance Jobs.com, will discuss the impact of the government shutdown on contractors and employees with security clearances.
October 11, 2013
Greg Stanford, director of government affairs for the Federal Managers Association, and Federal Times Senior Writer Sean Reilly will discuss furloughs, layoffs, and other issues affecting federal workers.
September 11, 2013
Tags: pay and benefits , budget battle , Congress , sequestration , furloughs , Federal employee retirement , health plans , pay freeze , Greg Stanford , Federal Managers Association , Sean Reilly , Federal Times , Mike Causey , Your Turn
When you think of the good old days do you think of your childhood, or maybe when you were in high school or college? For some people, like those who work for or are otherwise linked to Uncle Sam, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says the good old days may be as recent as this time last year when we thought times were tough.
Ever watch an inept team of trainees assemble then take apart an explosive device? If not, move to D.C. or watch live coverage of Congress on TV. With Congress, you get the political version which, more often than not, ends in a whimper rather than a bang, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Rep. Scott Rigell's (R-Va.) asked the Navy to postpone its layoff dates for a year. The Navy is laying off 3,000 sailors to help balance its force profile.
Lockheed Martin, one of the world's largest defense contractors, has announced a 5 percent workforce reduction at its Mission Systems and Sensors (MS2)business area. The company said it notified 308 of its U.S.-based employees Tuesday "that they will no longer have employment with the company," according to a release.
The Montgomery County Council has been saying for months the 2011 budget would have everyone feeling the pain. That assessment appears to be right on the money.
Tags: Montgomery County Council , budget , furloughs , ambulance fees , libraries , Nancy Floreen , Maryland General Assembly , teacher pension , Montgomery County Public Schools , Dr. Jerry Weast , phil andrews , Mike Knapp , Kate Ryan
Dissatisfaction with layoffs of city employees marred the Frederick Board of Aldermen's budget workshop Tuesday.
Sue Leibert is with NASA's Johnson Space Center, where she heads up the Space Shuttle Transition Liaison Office. She explains how the agency is handling the workforce reduction accompanying the end of the shuttle program.