Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: law enforcement
There are reports from South Texas that there was one heck of a big shoot-out in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico across the river from Laredo, Texas. A U.S. law enforcement official says the Mexican military attempted to stop a vehicle which was a part of a narco motorcade and huge firefight ensued. Sources on the ground say at least 10 people were killed. Texas law enforcement officers in helicopters were reportedly dispatched after the incident.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) proves effective in matching up missing persons reports to unidentified remains, according to Charles Heurich, the program manager of NamUs.
Tammy Flanagan, senior benefits director for National Institute of Transition Planning, explains some of those differences.
Herb Giobbi, COO of the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund and John Adler, president of the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association, talk about the service they provide for members of law enforcement.
May 6, 2011
Tags: pay and benefits , National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund , Herb Giobbi , John Adler , National Police Week 2011 , Bill Bransford , Shaw, Bransford, and Roth , Fed Talk , Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association , workforce
Maryland and Virginia have new laws going into effect on Jan. 1, 2011.
Despite one of the deadliest shootings to rock DC in recent memory, Mayor Adrian Fenty said his administration has been successful in fighting crime.