Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: labor-management relations
After months of urging from lawmakers, the Office of Personnel Management released a new report on official time, including data from fiscal year 2012. Official time hours totaled nearly 3.5 million in FY 2012, with cost estimates at $157 million, according to OPM's data.
Can a national council in Washington improve labor relations on agencies' front lines?
President Barack Obama has appointed four new members to the National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relations. Leaders from the Teamsters, American Federation of Government Employees, Federal Education Association and National Association of Government Employees will advise the President on federal labor relations.
President Barack Obama has appointed four new members to the National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relations. Union leaders from the Teamsters, American Federation of Government Employees, Federal Education Association and National Association of Government Employees will advise the President on federal labor relations.
Scott Gould's last day as the deputy secretary of the Veterans Affairs Department is today. In four years, Gould said he believes VA is a better place and does more to help veterans. He said the claims backlog is unacceptable, but the agency is making progress.
At the National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relations meeting, several employee representatives said the time has come for the committee to put more pressure on agencies to have more of the collaborative forums up and running well. During a time of budget reductions, possible furloughs and a government shutdown, the unions say the forums provide a way for agencies to better manage all of these fiscal challenges.
Tags: management , workforce , John Berry , OPM , Danny Werfel , OMB , Scott Gould , VA , David Kappos , Patent and Trademark Office , Bill Dougan , NFFE , Michael Filler , International Brotherhood of Teamsters , David Holway , National Association of Government Employees , Robert Budens , Patent Office Professional Association , National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relat , Jason Miller
New white paper from three federal policy experts offers ideas for implementing new executive order.
House Oversight and Government Reform members disagreed on the whether federal employees should perform union activities during the work day. A bill banning official time has been introduced which AFGE says would all but end collective bargaining rights.
Tags: pay and benefits , Stephen Lynch , Dennis Ross , Phil Gingrey , Tim Curry , OPM , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , John Gage , AFGE , Vincent Vernuccio , Competitive Enterprise Institute , official time , Jason Miller