Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: labor-management relations
Scott Gould's last day as the deputy secretary of the Veterans Affairs Department is today. In four years, Gould said he believes VA is a better place and does more to help veterans. He said the claims backlog is unacceptable, but the agency is making progress.
At the National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relations meeting, several employee representatives said the time has come for the committee to put more pressure on agencies to have more of the collaborative forums up and running well. During a time of budget reductions, possible furloughs and a government shutdown, the unions say the forums provide a way for agencies to better manage all of these fiscal challenges.
Tags: management , workforce , John Berry , OPM , Danny Werfel , OMB , Scott Gould , VA , David Kappos , Patent and Trademark Office , Bill Dougan , NFFE , Michael Filler , International Brotherhood of Teamsters , David Holway , National Association of Government Employees , Robert Budens , Patent Office Professional Association , National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relat , Jason Miller
New white paper from three federal policy experts offers ideas for implementing new executive order.
House Oversight and Government Reform members disagreed on the whether federal employees should perform union activities during the work day. A bill banning official time has been introduced which AFGE says would all but end collective bargaining rights.
Tags: pay and benefits , Stephen Lynch , Dennis Ross , Phil Gingrey , Tim Curry , OPM , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , John Gage , AFGE , Vincent Vernuccio , Competitive Enterprise Institute , official time , Jason Miller